[AccessD] Subtotals to Excel

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Aug 27 04:45:43 CDT 2003

Hi paul

You can use a union query for this.

Create a select query with the details and one more field, Subtotal,
which you set to False as an expression.
Create a summing query where you Group By Shift, Sum Quantity and add
one more field, Subtotal, which you set to True as an expression. You
may need a date field as well as you need to pull the same number of
fields from both queries; set this to Date() as an expression.

Union these two in a union query where you order by Subtotal and Date.
Remember to state UNION ALL ..

Or you could use IBM's DB2 which can create this in one go ...

/gustav