[AccessD] SQL_Svr BE Access FE

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Fri Aug 29 10:50:40 CDT 2003

Stephen,

If your clients can't afford MS SQL Server for each location hhy not look at one of the Open Source SQL servers for the BE?

MySQL, PostgreSQL are the two that come to mind quickly.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> szayko at secor.com 28-Aug-03 6:39:35 PM >>>
When you say suffer...

My clients do not have the cash for a SQL license at every LAN location.
I tried Access replication once and did a poor job and people hated it.
I do not have much (any) experience with Terminal Server, but that may
be an option for some (but not all) of the users.  Perhaps their IT
staff can help me out with that.

Thanks again everyone for all of you help and input.