OT: [AccessD] Oops, wrote my own virus! <Grin>

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 29 14:11:28 CDT 2003

No Archive:

Hi Drew:

Those users are such ingenious fools. I just wrote a bat file that turned
off the read-only attribute then deleted the msblast.exe from the system32
directory, deleted the run entry from the registry and then ran the MS
patch... The process was spawned by an entry added to the autoexec.bat,
initiated through some other application (a senior tech, who manages
government wide services) used the province wide SMS service. The same
service that allowed the distribution in the first place. Getting the patch
to run was a problem but the removal only took a few lines of batch
programming.

Do you know what process MS uses to update it's self through the reboot.
Where/how does it look for any upgrade processes to run.

TIA
Jim