[AccessD] [dba-VB] Creating a desktop shortcut via Visual Basic 6.0

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Thu Dec 4 03:02:45 CST 2003

To all,

Does anyone know a way how to create a shortcut on a desktop using VB6, I have an application that creates various Excel spreadsheets and puts them into a specified directory.  What I then want to do is give the user an option of creating a shortcut to this Excel sheet onto their desktop.

Sample code etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help on this.

Paul Hartland
Database Designer/Developer.
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime