[AccessD] Report's On Open

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 20 16:32:07 CST 2003

I read about a technique in a fairly new Access 2002 book that you could use
a report's On Open event to filter the data. The section didn't give
details, it just referred to displaying a "dialog" in the On Open event.
Now, I know you can pass criteria via the OpenArgs property, but the author
doesn't seem to be talking about this. In fact, the process seems turned
around -- the report displaysing the filtering form, not the other way
around.

Does anyone actually use the report's On Open event to somehow grab
filtering data? I'd like to hear about it if you do. Keep in mind, I'm not
talking about displaying a filtering form and then passing the criteria via
an OpenReport -- I'm talking about opening a report from the Database window
and letting the report's On Open event display a filtering form. I don't see
how this would be possible -- how would you stop the report from populating
while the Open event displayed a form and the user selected options?

Susan H.