[AccessD] (OT) Excel Ascii file

Oleg_123 at xuppa.com Oleg_123 at xuppa.com
Tue Dec 9 11:11:26 CST 2003

Sorry to post this again; but I accidentally deleted all my messages, and
dunno if anyone answered it.. :-((

 Hey Group,

 how do I save Excel document as an ascii file with positions ? (meaning
 col1 - 00-002, col2 003-008, col3 009-017) etc. I found this on the
internet --  am not quite sure whether its related, but in any case i
can't seem to find "Original Data Type section"
----------
Fixed Width Text Import Wizard - Step 1
Opening an ASCII text file in Excel will probably result in display of the
Text Import Wizard dialog box.
7. In the Original Data Type section, choose the Fixed Width radio button
if Excel has not already done that for you.
8. If you want to skip rows at the beginning of your file, set the first
row containing actual data with the Start Import at Row option. To
conclude Step 1, click the Next button.

Fixed Width Text Import Wizard - Step 2
You need to define the field widths for Excel. The instructions for
creating field divisions are shown directly above the Data Preview area.
9. Position the mouse pointer on the ruler at the transition between
fields and click the left mouse button. Repeat this procedure for each
field. If the total record length is wider than the Text Import Wizard
window, click the horizontal scroll bar to see the rest of your data. When
all fields have been defined, click the Next button