[AccessD] OT (sorta) security impersonation

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Tue Dec 9 14:57:55 CST 2003

Brett,

I know little of creating services, but if the local user has access to the
directories you are interested in, this may help.  Watch out for wrap.

From: System Administration Scripting Guide V1.1
Copy Folders Using WMI

Description
Uses WMI to copy the folder C:\Scripts to D:\Archive.

Script Code

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colFolders = objWMIService.ExecQuery( _
    "Select * from Win32_Directory where Name = 'c:\\Scripts'")
For Each objFolder in colFolders
    errResults  = objFolder.Copy("D:\Archive")
    Wscript.Echo errResults
Next