[AccessD] OT (sorta) security impersonation

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Wed Dec 10 08:19:32 CST 2003

Excellent point, Erwin

For operations like these, I would create a separate user with fairly low
security clearance and grant them access to the necessary source/destination
directories.

Security is always a huge concern for us.  I use RC4 encryption to encrypt
ADO connection strings for our standalone apps in their INI files.  I could
easily use it to encrypt the NT username/password as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erwin Craps - IT Helps [mailto:Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:48 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] OT (sorta) security impersonation

One small but important remark from a security point of view.

"One should never store admin passwords!"
Create a account with sufficient rights for your purpose and use that
account.

Never Never store an admin password, if you put it straigth in code it
can be simply scanned in you code (compiled or not).

Erwin