[AccessD] CmdRunApp Help

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Dec 11 08:56:16 CST 2003

Erwin,

Absolutely!

As for being a "better way", I really like the FSO.  On the other hand there
are MANY sysadmins out there that disable it (I think it is a service or
something).  It isn't safe to just assume it is going to work, thus having
code for "the alternative" (the built in VB commands) is a necessity as
well.  I have all that old stuff in my framework from long ago before I used
the FSO.

I too used GW-Basic back in the late 80s / early 90s to build a calibration
test stand for Puritan-Bennett (ventilators) to test air flow sensors - Hot
Wire Anemometers - where the air flowing past a heated wire in a glass tube
changed the temperature and thus the resistance of the wire.  The current
flow through the wire was measured to determine how much air was moving
through the tube.  Pretty scary to think that gw-basic was used to test this
stuff.