[AccessD] Access 2002 - module modified dates all changing at once.

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 12 14:29:48 CST 2003

In Access 2003 Beta 2 in the database window the created and modified
date look okay
I seem to remember this as a problem in Access XP

However if you run this code below in Access 2003, there is no
difference between
Date Created and LastUpdated Date. It never seems to change the
lastupdated date.

CloseObject "Modules", acModule
 5            Module1       12/12/2003 9:52:09 AM       12/12/2003
9:52:09 AM
 5            Module2       12/12/2003 10:21:07 AM      12/12/2003
10:21:07 AM
'sample call
'CloseObject "Modules", acModule

 Function CloseObject(strContainerName As String, intContainerType As
Integer)
    'From the Developer Solutions database
    'Close open database objects of the specified type

    Dim dbs As Database
    Dim ctr As Container
    Dim intX As Integer

    Set dbs = CurrentDb
    Set ctr = dbs.Containers(strContainerName)

    For intX = 0 To ctr.Documents.Count - 1
       ' DoCmd.Close intContainerType, ctr.Documents(intX).Name
       Debug.Print intContainerType, ctr.Documents(intX).Name, _
       ctr.Documents(intX).DateCreated, ctr.Documents(intX).LastUpdated

End Function

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.