[AccessD] Sort of like a filter only not

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Sun Dec 14 16:58:50 CST 2003

Hi Andy

I am coming in late on this one - it may have already been solved for you.
My suggestion may also be off the mark as I only skimmed a few of the posts.

What about adding one extra field to the real customers table and call it say...CustomerID2
or something equally benign :-) - data type = number

Then add a local table, let's call it ...tblCompaniesICanSee - One field only called CompanyID
(Same data type as Company ID in the real Companies Table)

Then just add the real company id value to the tblCompaniesICanSee table for the companies
you want 'em to see. So the tblCompaniesICanSee table may have 3 entries say...
9, 15 and 26 in it. Loop through all the records in tblCompaniesICanSee and populate your
combos or forms with the resultant list of companies that have a CompanyID of 9,15 and 26.

You can then manage and administer (or someone you nominate) the companies they can or cannot see.
You could even set it up with a 2 field set up to show ranges. eg companies 9 to 26 inclusive etc.

Anyway just my offering

Have a great day

Darren