[AccessD] Performance Access FE and SQL server BE [help!]

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed Dec 17 01:44:17 CST 2003

HI Jeanine

I don't know the network situation at your site, but looking at the
information you give me I would check some basic network issues (name
resolution / default gateways).

Espicaly name resolution.
What kind of name resolution do you use in your network.
WINS, DNS or none (Browser)?

It's sound to me that your app has dificulties finding the route to the
database server.

You could try for test on one machine to replace the name of the server
with the IP address. This does not always help because some apps replace
the ip address by the name.
But in case it does help, your are certain you have a naming resolution
problem.

Erwin