[AccessD] "Faked" replication

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Dec 18 08:39:39 CST 2003

Hi Susan

> Microsoft recommends that you not use GUID's as primary keys, but I'm not
> sure that really means anything. :)

> http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/10167/0

Ehh, Susan ... aren't you (re)reading your own articles too fast:

<quote>

Microsoft discourages the use of GUID as a primary key, but that's
because most people don't really need universal uniqueness. When
uniqueness across many systems is vital, however, the GUID datatype is
definitely the way to go. Just remember that you pay a price in
performance.

</quote>

Isn't "across many systems" exactly the situation of Steve?

/gustav

PS: Nice picture of you and your mother!