[AccessD] OT: O97 apps freeze Win2K sp4

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 18 14:54:24 CST 2003

Jim,

  Just a hunch; are you using Outlook?  If so, try turning off the
journaling option for MDB's, Spreadsheets, etc.  There can be a considerable
delay when you save a file in Word, Access, or Excel if Outlook journaling
is turned on.  I'm not sure why it would be doing that at startup though.
Easy enough to try in anycase<g>.

  Also make sure that all the mapped drives are valid.  If windows can't
connect to one, it takes a while to timeout.

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.
(315) 699-3443