[AccessD] "Faked" replication

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 18 19:32:13 CST 2003

Hi Steve:

There is a lot of ways to get remote synchronization. I have been able to do
it with a lot of sites using various methods, for over fifteen years. DSZ
and GSZ scripts with DOS to DOS, Kermit scripts PC to Mainframe, Novell
server and CoSession script-files, Xenix and Dos LAN stations, Linux to
Linux to LAN, PCAnywhere to LAN, Access Synchronization, Windows to VB to
telnet to Server, PC to VPN to PC, SQL to SQL sync, LAN to web to web to
LAN, TermServer software and hardware etc..... The one rule with remote
access is that nothing is bullet-proof but at least it can be made
reliable... and that is where the programmer comes in.

The only issue is down to 'How soon' and How much' for there is NESS (No
Easy Simple Solution).

Jim