[AccessD] Route email to SMTP Server from Access

Fred Hooper fahooper at trapo.com
Sat Dec 20 12:40:01 CST 2003

Hi Dan,

Here's the way I'm doing it:

Public Sub SendEmail(strFrom As String, strTo As String, strSubject As
String, strMessage As String)
    Dim objEmail As Object
    Dim objMsg As Object
    Dim objConf As Object
    Dim Flds As Variant

    Set objMsg = CreateObject("cdo.message")
    Set objConf = CreateObject("cdo.configuration")

    Set Flds = objConf.Fields
    With Flds
        ' The first item with value "2" indicates that smpt not installed on
this machine
        .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") =
2
        ' Next item is the name of the smpt server to use.
        ' Look in Outlook | Tools | Email Accounts | View or change... |
Change to find
        .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") =
"<exchange server name"
        ' This is the port the smpt server uses, 25 is the default

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smptserverport") = 25
        .Update
    End With

    With objMsg