[AccessD] Click and double click on label.

Mon Dec 22 11:57:46 CST 2003

Erwin,

Here's an alternative approach. Instead of the users clicking or double
clicking (and they will have to *remember* which action does what), why not
give them a visual cue. By using the Mouse Move and Mouse Down events of a
label control you can tell the user what's going to happen when they click
on the label, like this...

Const LeftCAPTION = "Do One Thing"
Const RightCAPTION = "Do Another Thing"

Private Sub Label2_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As
Single, Y As Single)
    If Label2.Caption = LeftCAPTION Then
        MsgBox Label2.Caption ' simulate running one action
    Else
        MsgBox Label2.Caption ' or run another one depending on what the
label's cation is.
    End If
End Sub

Private Sub Label2_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As
Single, Y As Single)
Dim sCaption As String
    ' figure out where the mouse is relative to the middle of the label
control
    If X < Label2.Width / 2 Then
        sCaption = LeftCAPTION
    Else
        sCaption = RightCAPTION
    End If
    ' don't update the caption unless it has change - cuts out flickering
    If sCaption <> Label2.Caption Then Label2.Caption = sCaption
End Sub

HTH

Lambert