[AccessD] "Faked" replication

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 23 03:53:22 CST 2003

Hi Steven

> .. We use a graphic file viewer (IrfanView) to open the GIF file and
> then Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V into the OLE object field. No file name, no path.

That may indeed not be the optimum approach as you have no control of
the picture properties. There's very little documentation on this but
from what I've seen, any graphic stored must be a bitmap like bmp; if
not, Access will convert it prior to storing it which may cause an
uncontrollable bloat.
To gain control, always convert the picture to a bmp downsized as much
as possible and with as few colours as acceptable for the future use
of the pictures.