[AccessD] create an ldb file

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 17:41:59 CST 2003

John,

<<
How would I create an ldb file that does not go away when the mdb file is
closed?

  Why would you want to?  The deletion of the .LDB file was specifically
done to address a performance issue when logging into a MDB.

  But if you really want to, remove delete rights for the directory where
the MDB resides.  Of course you need something other then Win9x for that
trick (ie. W2k, NT, etc)

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.
(315) 699-3443
jimdettman at earthlink.net

How would I create an ldb file that does not go away when the mdb file is
closed?
John