[AccessD] OT: Getting data from .txt into VB or web page

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 05:20:00 CST 2003

Hello all

This isn't an Access question but I can't think of any better people to ask.

I've been tasked with writing a logon application for our Terminal Server
network that will take the user's username & password, and then query a text
file to find out which of the application servers is the least busy, before
connecting the user to that server.

The text file will be in the format

serverA,18
serverB,4
serverC,12

etc., where the number is the number of currently connected users.

I don't even know where to start. The notwork guy is keen for me to make it
browser based, but I don't see what advantages that would have over a little
VB app. Either way I don't know how to get the data out of that .txt file.

Is that enough info for anyone to help? Any pointers?

TIA

Roz