[AccessD] length of combo box choice (shorter version)

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Mon Feb 10 10:22:00 CST 2003

I have a combo box, in an A97 form, w/three columns. I want to test the
length of one of these columns for some code that I have. How do I refer
to a specific column in the syntax for the Len function? I used, "If
Len(frmFEDSMain!cboResults.ItemsSelected) > 10 Then" and
"Len([Forms]![frmFEDSMain]![cboResults].[Column](0))" but these do not
work.

I had used the first syntax origianlly, and it worked. But, I had
forgotten to fill in the control source (I know...stupid), and it quit
working, when I filled this in.

I also tried a roundabout approach, by putting "chkstring =
[Forms]![frmFEDSMain]![cboResults].[Column](0)" and sticking this
variable into the Len function, but this returns 42 (or whatever the
length of the actual string is).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

John W Clark