[AccessD] Lookup control on a form

Klos, Susan Susan.Klos at fldoe.org
Thu Feb 13 10:41:28 CST 2003

I seem to have hit a brick wall.  Hope someone can help. I am trying to
create an FAQ database for use in the office.

I have a form bound to tblQuestion
 QuestionID PK
  TopicID FK from tblTopic

I want a dropdown control in the header that will look up topics in tblTopic
and afterupdate find all the questions on this topic.   I need the dropdown
control to contain the topic as well as the TopicID.  I tried using the
wizard but the control does not contain the topic unless I bind the form to
an SQL statement that contains both tables.  When I use this SQL:
SELECT tblQuestion.QuestionID, tblQuestion.TopicId, tblTopic.Topic,
tblQuestion.Question, tblQuestion.QuestionerID, tblQuestion.Answer,
tblQuestion.SourceID, tblQuestion.DateAsked, tblQuestion.DateAnswered,
tblQuestion.OtherSourceID, tblQuestion.Reference, tblQuestion.Notes
FROM tblTopic INNER JOIN tblQuestion ON tblTopic.TopicID =
tblQuestion.TopicId;
And then try to use the wizard to create the find dropdown I get this error:
Syntax error in FROM clause
If I change the location of Topic ID i.e. tblTopic.TopicID  I get the same
error.

I know I am missing something basic here, I just can't figure out what it
is.