[AccessD] Now what do I do with this thing?

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Feb 22 09:19:00 CST 2003

OK, so now that I have this fancy Visual Studio.net (which comes with no
book of course) - what do I do with it?  I have:

Visual Basic .net
Visual C# .net
Visual C++ .net
Visual J# .net
and Crystal Reports .net.
The .net framework SDK
The Windows application compatibility toolkit

What the &^%$ is this .net thing they are so proud of?
What the (*&%* is the # thing they are so proud of?

How do I write a program?  Hello world?  ;-)

I feel very discombobulated in this environment.  It appears that it is
designed to allow navigation through a varied set of tools, but I was kind
of expecting to press a button somewhere and be transported on my magic
carpet to something resembling the VB development environment.  I haven't
found that button yet!

If anyone out there is using this thing and wants to discuss it with other
(even us neophytes) please raise your hand.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting