[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer]SQL Server 7 - Stored Procedure Help - Quite Urgent.

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Tue Feb 25 03:57:00 CST 2003

To all,

Watch for Word Wrap...............

Being quite a novice with Stored Procedures on SQL Server 7.0, I'm looking for some pretty urgent help at the moment.  I have two tables, lets say Table A & Table B.  Table A is my master table, and Table B is a temporary table.  Before Table be gets populated with any data, every existing record is deleted so I start with a fresh table so to speak.  Table B consists of 3 fields PayrollNo, JobDate, JobType (these fields are also in the master table, but the master table is used to contain other consting information, which is entered at a later date).

What I would like is a Stored Procedure which would Insert Table B contents into Table A, but making sure that I don't insert any duplicates into Table A (something like an unmatched query in access but with an Insert also).  i.e.

Table A                                                       Table B
payroll  jobdate    jobtype                                   id  payroll  jobdate    jobtype
999001   01/01/01   0                                          1  999001   01/01/01   0
999001   01/01/01   2                                          2  999001   01/01/01   1
999002   01/01/01   2                                          3  999001   01/01/01   2
                                                               4  999002   01/01/01   0
                                                               5  999002   01/01/01   1
                                                               6  999002   01/01/01   2

So when I invoke the stored procedure, it would insert records 2, 4 and 5 from Table B into Table A........Anyone any idea what I'm on about, if so can anybody please help.......

Thanks in advance

Paul Hartland

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £13.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890