[AccessD] Estimating Help

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Feb 1 15:55:00 CST 2003

> I didn't mean that the rows were disappearing, but rather that they
> disappeared from reports, since their FK referents were gone. I would never
> be so foolish as to turn cascade-delete on anywhere in any serious database
> :-)

Why "never"? Why do you think it is foolish?

Admittedly you need to think hard about it before switching it on, but there are many
instances where it is a powerful and useful tool which saves writing a lot of unnecessary
code.   I can think of many cases where you need to delete all children when a parent is
removed. Why re-invent the wheel and risk getting it wrong.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg