[AccessD] .net

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Feb 4 06:39:00 CST 2003

.Net is several things: first and lowest, it's the .Net framework, a huge
collection of classes that form a language-independent framework atop which
the various .Net languages sit. Once you have installed the framework and
its SDK, technically all you need is an editor to begin writing .Net apps.
Notepad will do. However, more realistically, you'd want some fancy GUI
editor that lets you drag and drop and writes code from your actions. Such
editors include Visual Basic.Net, Visual C#.Net, ASP.Net and Dreamweaver,
with others
on the way from Borland. Visual Studio.Net includes both ASP.Net, VB.Net and
C#.Net -- the latter two are available separately and are quite cheap.

Personally, I disagree with Susan. I think that you should begin learning
.Net as soon as you can.