[AccessD] DoCmd.SendObject hangs MS Access app on a PC without Outlook Express or Outlook...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 4 13:59:01 CST 2003

Hi Shamil

Found another key which you could check out:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI\Installed=1

>  .. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
>   Subsystem\OleMessaging=1

I do not have this key.
Only this:

 .. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
  Subsystem\MSMapiApps\outstore.dll:Microsoft Outlook

Further, The Bat claims to install mapi32.dll to activate MAPI.
This tells me that if mapi32.dll is present, MAPI may work.
If it is not present, MAPI is not installed.

I may be wrong - I'm no expert in this. I usually install my own mail
tool which shortcuts this mess.

/gustav