[AccessD] SAP DB open source database engine

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 5 11:46:00 CST 2003

Hi Marty

> I have come across references to it's use in German government in a
> production environment at the (Bundeskartellamt) (Federal Cartel Office).

Any specs or statistics? It sure isn't a toy engine but I have yet to
locate a review or something similar.

Although it is completely free to use (actually more free than MySQL
because you may include it - in nearly any way you like - in a
commercial product for free, where you need to obtain a commercial
license for MySQL). However, official 24x365 support from SAP costs
big money: USD 60.000 per year (yes 60 kUSD).

/gustav