[AccessD] Cascade-delete (was: Estimating Help)

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Feb 5 12:39:00 CST 2003

Aww grow up guys.

I never said never.  I stated very plainly that if everyone has the right to
delete the records then it doesn't matter.  John then states (finally, in
the last email) that this is the case.  So it doesn't matter (in this case).

So where exactly is the beef?

I don't give a rat's patuty if you turn on cascade delete for every table,
every time, in every database.  To search around struggling to find exactly
the instance where it is useful is a waste of everyone's time.  If it works
for you, and you don't get fired when records disappear who really cares.
In any event, you can always blame the user after all.  "Hey, I warned
them".

In any case, I certainly don't care, it isn't my database, nor my job on the
line.  And I am not getting my users fired for not doing my job correctly.

Sorry if that was "derisive" but really, look at what I said.  I was very
very VERY clear in my statements.  And I see no reason to modify any of
them.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting