[AccessD] Cascade-delete (was: Estimating Help)

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Feb 9 12:56:00 CST 2003

What you are trying very hard to ignore is that the car can be stolen, that
the car can be legally borrowed by someone not intimately familiar with the
way it operates etc.

I make no argument that turning off cascade delete magically locks up an
application, it doesn't.  However it does, absolutely and 100% effectively
prevent a clueless person from ripping thousands of records out of the db
with a single keystroke.  Your application is NOT the only way to get at the
data.  If it were your arguments might hold more water.  As it is, they leak
like a sieve.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting