[AccessD] Faxing from Access

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 01:32:00 CST 2003

Jeff
We use Zetafax too. Zetafax has a rendering engine which will take
certain types of attachment and 'print' them using the native software
to create a fax. Check it out. One of the supported types is Word docs.
There is, however, a big BUT. We had been using this no trouble for 12
months when it just stopped working. Zetafax tech support admitted that
we weren't alone and they currently have no solution. It works for some
people and not for others. What we've had to do is write routines to use
Acrobat to automatically turn the Word docs to PDFs, which Zetafx
handles fine. Bit of a PITA but doable. Anyway you may not get the
problem. Try it . Look under the rendering tab of the Zetafax service
running on your server.

Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk <http://www.minstersystems.co.uk/>