[AccessD] Export to Excel

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Feb 10 09:29:01 CST 2003

Mark,

I think you are taking the long way around the farm.  I did a lot of
movement of data between Access and Excel down in Mexico for an app where
the users used Excel Analysis on the resulting data.  What we did is to
build queries that got the data that was desired, then exported that data
directly into the spreadsheet.  You can then record a macro on the
spreadsheet as you format the data the way you want it to run.  Save and
name the macro.  Now, whenever you need to run this process, Copy a
"template" spreadsheet that has this macro in it to a new name, export the
data into the new spreadsheet, then run the macro from Access to format the
data the way you want to see it.
John W. Colby
Colby Consulting