[AccessD] Don't save report printer settings

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 12 08:37:00 CST 2003

Hi Andy

Yes, you could do some copying of a master but that would add some
level of bloat. But it is a solution.

Another possibility is to write protect the database file itself which
can be done if you don't write to internal tables or modify objects.

A third option is to apply Jet security and remove design rights for
the report. That is very effective; however, if the user changes
printer settings and close the report and answer yes to save the
changes, a small box appears prompting for a new name the report can
be saved as. Not very elegant.

So I'm still looking for the "right" solution ...

Other ideas?

/gustav