[AccessD] Function vs Sub

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Thu Feb 13 10:42:00 CST 2003

John,

Here is my simplictic view of life.

Sub DO something
Functions RETURN something

So lets say that I wanted a procedure to close all open forms, I would use a Sub.

If I wanted to open a form and getback a pointer to that form, I would use a Function.

That's how I split the two, usually. But there are always those excetions out there.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> John.Clark at niagaracounty.com 13-Feb-03 11:20:08 AM >>>
I recently smartened up and started using fuctions in my code, and I've
got what may be a very dumb question...should I be using "functions" or
should they be "Public Subs" or ?????? What is the difference. I
apologize if I am lowering the intelligence quota today, but I just
haven't come across this and I don't want to go down the wrong path.