[AccessD] SubReports no longer printing

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Feb 13 12:13:00 CST 2003

But in the case of only requiring, and only wanting, one single mileage
rate, how would you limit them from entering more into the table?

John Clark

>>> jbartow at earthlink.net 02/13/03 11:19AM >>>
Hi Richard:
I tend to only write things to the registry that pertain solely to the
user
or machine it resides on. For instance particular user settings for
data
defaults, I store form coordinates there so the forms always go where
the
specific user placed them, etc. I also include routines to clear those
settings.

If it is something that pertains to anyone using the database (FE/BE
scenario) from any PC then I store the piece of information in the
database.
Thats what I do with mileage rates, local tax rates, company name,
etc.

This is generally done with a table (that will probably never have more
than
one row) and a column for each value. There are more elegant ways but
this
works and it also opens up the possibility of having more than one row
with
more than one value for each. So if 2 different departments have two
different mileage reimbursement rates this works out nice. (happened
me-once)

BTW I include a key column and always refer to it when looking up the
value.

HTH
JB