[AccessD] select most recent

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Sun Feb 16 21:05:00 CST 2003

RE: [AccessD] select most recentDo you need a many to many linking table maybe?

Susan H.

  I am thinking of the table as a history. I probably should have called the table tblManagerAssignments. If a manager moves from one territory to another, I would make a new record with the new start date. I could have normalized the StartDate and TerritoryID out from the FirstName and LastName.

  If a manager leaves a territory, and there is a time when no manager is assigned to the territory, the report should show "Open". I was intending to handle this by creating a new record with the name of "Open", and give the start date to be the date that the manager left the territory. There would be many records with the name of "Open".

  Thanks,

  Eric