[AccessD] Puzzling error msg? <Invalid precision for decimal data type.>

Michael Maddison michael.maddison at ddisolutions.com.au
Wed Feb 19 00:25:00 CST 2003

Drew,

It is really strange because I remove all the calced fields and just
leave a string field in the select statement,
try to create a recordset and it fails with the same error!!!  This
leaves me thinking that it has to be a problem in
the joins somewhere (or Access hates me).  I've checked the top level
but I guess I'll have to burrow into the base
queries, maybe run them individually and see what I find.

Michael M

So you don't have the problem with Access right?  That kind of sucks,
because with Access, you could put a user defined function into the
query, and have it let you 'walk' through the records...so you could
trace where it has a problem.

Drew