[AccessD] Puzzling error msg? <Invalid precision for decimal data type.>

Michael Maddison michael.maddison at ddisolutions.com.au
Wed Feb 19 05:14:00 CST 2003

Shamil,

The problem was in one of the underlying base queries (crosstab).
The Value: Avg(0.1*(Int(10*([Volume]))))  I modified this to The Value:
Avg([Volume]) and the whole lot worked!

I think you are wrong in your statement below, you can use all of those
things as I understand it.  What you can't use is
Access functions like NZ().

I'd still like to know WHY it failed though.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cheers

Michael M

Michael,

But you can't use VBA functions(even if they have VB6 equivalents) in
queries when you're working with VB6 - nor in query expression nor in
all the underlaying queries. Even string concatenation in a query
expression is treated as an operation, which needs VBAxxxxx.dll AFAIK...
or I didn't get what your problem is...

Shamil