[AccessD] Rownumbers

info info at oop.nl
Thu Feb 20 03:45:00 CST 2003

Hi Group,

I will try in my best englisch to make this problem clear to you. Hope it
works:-) I have a table in my database with an autonumber field and a field
wich contains ordernumers. It looks like this

OR_NUMMER    OR_OD_NUMMER
1000                    10
1001                    10
1002                    10
1003                    11
1004                    11
1005                    10
1007                    12
1008                    10

Now we want to print on a report the actual orderposition of a current
record. For example ordernumber 10 contains rownumbers 1000,
1001,1002,1005,1008. We would like to print 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 according to the
actuel rownumbers. I have tried to make this happen to take parts of the
actual autonumber but that is not sufficient enough.

What I am trying is to make a function whicht take the current recordset and
put in a field with a number a calculatie in the function.

FncRownumber(ByRef rs as dao.recordset)
    Dim Rownumber as long

    rs.movefirst
    Do while not rs.eof
        Rownumber = Rownumber + 1
        rs.movenext
    loop
End function

It works but I cannot get this in the report because then I lose the
recordset.

Are there other ways to make this happen exept putting an extra field in the
table which contains this recordnumber?

Thanks, Marcel Vreuls