[AccessD] How to Reset Total Pages Number on Report

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Feb 20 11:06:00 CST 2003

Hi Charlotte

> I seem to recall there being an example of this in one of the sample
> database, probably Solutions.  Depending on the version of  Access
> you're using, it my be on the Office CD or downloadable from Microsoft.

That's right - it was Report Samples 97, rptsamp7.mdb:

  "How to print a constant number lines per group"

They tell this code only works for 15 lines or less - I'll leave that
for Rocky - guess he easily can kill that cat:

<code>

Option Compare Database   'Use database order for string comparisons
Option Explicit

Global TotCount As Integer

' Call the SetCount() function from the group header section's
' OnPrint property using the syntax: =SetCount(Report)

' Call the PrintLines() function from the detail section's OnPrint
' property using the syntax: =PrintLines(Report,[TotGrp]).

      Function PrintLines(R As Report, TotGrp)
         TotCount = TotCount + 1
         If TotCount = TotGrp Then
              R.NextRecord = False
         ElseIf TotCount > TotGrp And TotCount < 15 Then
              R.NextRecord = False
              R![ProductName].Visible = False
         End If
      End Function