[AccessD] (no subject)

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 21 02:15:00 CST 2003

 Saves  Recordset to a file and then to a Stream. It then opens the
persisted stream into another Recordset. something like this. Send xml
file to client via attachment.

Dim rs1 As ADODB.Recordset
Dim rs2 As ADODB.Recordset
Dim stm As ADODB.Stream

Set rs1 = New ADODB.Recordset
Set rs2 = New ADODB.Recordset
Set stm = New ADODB.Stream

rs1.Open   "SELECT * FROM Customers", "Provider=sqloledb;" & _
        "Data Source=MyServer;Initial Catalog=Northwind;" & _
        "User Id=sa;Password=;", adopenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText
rs1.Save "c:\myfolder\mysubfolder\myrs.xml", adPersistXML
rs1.Save stm, adPersistXML
rs2.Open stm
' Put saved Recordset into a string variable.
strRst = stm.ReadText(adReadAll)

' Examine, manipulate, or display the XML data.