[AccessD] Outlook Replies strip off attachments

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Feb 22 09:25:00 CST 2003

Gustav,

You know I appreciate your opinion (really) and I do want to find a way to
send email without having to have any given email client installed.  The
unfortunate reality for me is that everybody I work with uses either Outlook
or Outlook express.  Most business clients use Outlook.  They have it, they
use it, including for all their message store, appointments etc.  They
constantly want things done with it.  I keep it on my computer so that I can
program it.

I also happen to like it.  I couldn't function without my calendar popping
up what I am supposed to be doing every day.  I love the rules processing
for getting messages into folders.  I have purchased spam widgets that work
specifically with Outlook to get rid of spam.

I also hate it.  Just let me get my email, attachments included thanks.
Just let me send my email programmatically without popping up a message for
every outlook telling me some virus may be trying to hijack my computer.
Let me send my email with attachments, regardless of how I happen to be
responding.

I just looked and have my email set to plain text.  As for "those useless
winmail.dat attachments", they must serve a purpose or they wouldn't be
there.  However, if they truly are useless and you can tell me how to remove
them (other than by switching mail clients) I will certainly do so.    I
don't see them as attachments, and nobody has ever mentioned them before.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting