[AccessD] A2K: Recordset

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Feb 24 21:45:01 CST 2003

irect copy froOn 25 Feb 2003 at 12:54, Darren Dick wrote:

> Hello all
> I want to set a recordset for a report. Then I want controls on
> the report to equal fields from the recordset.
>
> Something like
> dim rst as recordset
> set rst = "select * from Users where Clue > 0;"  ' Thanks Charles
>
> Say in the table Users there is a field called LogoPath (Text Data Type)
> Say I have an image control on my report called imgLogo.
> I want the .Picture property of the image control to equal LogoPath, so...
>
> Me.imgLogo.Picture = rst.LogoPath
>
> How do I do this????
>
> Many thanks in advance

Direct copy from a working system:
CandPhotoName is a text field holding the name of the photo.
The location of the photos is "hardwired"

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    imgCandidate.Picture = "\\elecsrv\common\images\" & CandPhotoName
End Sub

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd