[AccessD] Is There a Limit to the length of a path and file n ame

Wed Feb 26 12:46:00 CST 2003

For a hard disk (or floppy for that matter) it's 255 characters, excluding
the drive letter, but including the file name. That's the O/S limit.

For a standard ISO 9660 CD/CDR/CDRW its the old 8.3 file format only on
MS-DOS system, and up to  32 characters on other systems.

For a Joliet format CD/CDR/CDRW it's 64 (unicode) characters (including
spaces).

See
http://www.disctronics.co.uk/technology/cd-rom/cdrom_filesys.htm
and