[AccessD] more on printing

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Fri Feb 28 09:08:00 CST 2003

OK, I've done that.

Dim prt As Access.Printer
Dim strReport As String
Dim strPrinter As String
Dim lngPrinter As Long
lngPrinter = cboPrinter
strReport = cboReport
Set prt = Application.Printers(lngPrinter)
prt.Orientation = fraOrientation
prt.Copies = txtCopies
prt.PaperSize = cboPaperSize
DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewNormal

Now, I've installed a few printers, but I only actually have one and the
above always sends to the actual (default) printer, even if I select one of
the others -- I expected an error. In addition, if I do a preview, I don't
see the changes in orientation, etc. that I might have selected. So, I'm
doing something wrong. I'm wondering if Access is smart enough to know I
don't really have that printer connected, and so it just ignores
everything -- but then, I'd still expect an error.

Thanks for your help Doris.
Susan H.