[AccessD] SAP DB open source database engine

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 29 01:33:00 CST 2003

Subscribe to the sapdb-general mailing list and you get to talk to the
actual people at SAP Labs
http://listserv.sap.com/mailman/listinfo/sapdb.general

 The install isn't perfect for Windows. I tried to create a new database
from within DB Manager, and kept getting the error with  "util_execute
init config" - I believe it was because I was trying to create too small
a datafile and logfile (1mb default each) - upon reading some posts from
the sapdb-general mailing list, it appears that it needs a "reserved"
space of about 4 to 20mb for the
system tables log files etc
 The DB manager is written in VB and source code is included  for hints
The SQL dialect is perhaps closest to Oracle