[AccessD] List up again

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Wed Jan 29 06:49:00 CST 2003

Lembit,

Thanks for this explanation, but I do have one question for the group of dedicated volunteers.

Is this the permanent change, or are we just on a temporary server?

Thanks again for everyone's hard work. Losing AccessD would be like losig hundreds of family members all at once, even if there are the odd squable :-))

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> Lembit.Soobik at t-online.de 29-Jan-03 7:40:25 AM >>>
Deart list members,
thank you for being so patient.
as you know, this list is run by volunteers only, so all the work has to be done
besides the day work. In many cases we have been able to divide projects up
among several contributors. In this case, the last step of our transfer from the
previous to the new host had to be done by Bro, who has just recently got a new
pretty tough job and has to work hard for it. Many of us do not understand what
it takes to transfer such a list, and why there are delays involved which are
pure technical nature. On some things you can work as hard as you like, it wont
go faster.
This total effort of selecting new hosts, saving the address lists, saving the
web site, organizing who can do what when etc, was shared between a large number
of list members like Bro, Kathryn, Seth, Martin, Donna, Pamela, and many more.
I myself have seen how little I know about that, yesterday I have even been so
naive to think I could send a message to you all, explaining the status, but I
got a respons that I cannot send more than 100 msgs per day....
Leaves me only to say great thanks to all who helped in this transfer.
Thank you
Lembit

Lembit Soobik
lembit.soobik at t-online.de