[AccessD] ADP general question ...

David McAFee (Home) dmcafee at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 30 15:09:01 CST 2003

Its not too bad, and it all depends on what you want to do with that
returned recordset.
If you want to assign it to a listbox or combobox, in VBA it is called with
one line:

Me!MyListbox.RowSource = "EXEC YourSprocNameHere '" & YourParameter & "'"

then your SPROC (Stored Procedure) can be something like:

CREATE PROCEDURE stp_000_DealerSold (@MachID AS UNIQUEIDENTIFIER)
SELECT InvoicedTo,
	  CompanyName,
	  [Description]
FROM
	dbo.VW_000_DealerSold
WHERE MachineID = @MachID

If you want to populate fields on a form, then call it from VBA like this:

 Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
 Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
 'Call the stored procedure, passing it the parameter, returning recordset
rs
 CurrentProject.Connection.YourSprocNameHere YourParameter, rs
 'Fill in the fields from the returned recordset
 Me!txtField1 = rs![RecordColumn1]
 Me!txtField2 = rs![RecordColumn2]
 Me!txtField3 = rs![RecordColumn3]
 rs.Close