[AccessD] Email spam risk <rant>

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Fri Jan 31 12:26:01 CST 2003

In the previous model, the email addresses of the listers were pretty much
concealed such as what the archives are today, that would involve a smart
bot to be able to go through all the posts in the archives, but with the
current list all the bot would have to do is parse the list, never before
has this been available.  Anyone can see this list, it's public, heck Google
may have already cached it!... I see that you are listed twice on the list
of emails... and a simple scan will show you that I am no longer on that
list since I went through the steps of concealing my address from this main
list.

I think that there was a much lower threat before because before there was a
considerable amount of "work" that had to be done in order to gain live
email addresses, this list is guaranteed live because we all received our
notices... one stop shop.
-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com