[AccessD] Code Librarian - Volunteer

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 31 12:56:40 CST 2003

On 31 Jan 2003 at 10:48, Tom Adams wrote:

> I'd be glad to volunteer to be part of the dev team but not it's
> leader.
>
> I think it would be a good experience in group development.  I also
> think that working through a process in team development will help me
> manage projects better even when I'm on my own.

Although I joined the BEU team at the latter stages, I will say
without hesitation that it was probably one of the best investments
of time I have EVER made.

I learned a lot about working as a team. Not to mention I learned
how much I DON'T know about Access. (Andy, Reuben, no
comments about how well I can break code from you two :-)

I say if anyone is sitting on the fence trying to decide if they want to
help, I say do it. The rewards are well worth it.

The time commitment isn't all consuming. There are peaks and
valley in the time required, just like life, and everyone understood if
you were quite for a while. As a friend of mine like to say, Life
sometimes gets in the way of fun. And it was fun.

No Lembit, I don't want to take on the task of leading a project, just
yet. Maybe when we get BEU to the stage we want it to get to.

Just as a side note, I have a Word Template that I used for the
documentation for the BEU that whom ever writes the Docs for the
DBA Code Library can use if they wish.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.